- We had pretty decent seats. We were in the pavilion, so that's pretty good.
- We had the funniest dancing, middle-aged guy two rows in front of us. (hopefully, I'll be able to post video soon) Just sitting here thinking about him makes me laugh!
- George Clinton was dissappointing. I was looking forward to it, but it was just too muddy, seeing as how there were about 15 musicians on stage. Like Hite said, it was better than no one being on the stage! (Plus he was wearing a diaper -- you just don't see that every day!)
- DMB was pretty sweet. It was a pretty strong set (you can see it here -- just select Sept. 15, 2006), and I got to see some songs performed that I hadn't seen in previous concerts.
- DMB had some of the P-Funk horn section join them for some songs, and it was awesome. Jimmy Thing turned into an extended jam with horns that was pretty awesome!
- The set was amazing -- I don't even know how to describe it, except that it was quite the show!
- I'm getting too old for the whole "concert atmosphere thing"
Saturday, September 16, 2006
The Greatest Day
Okay, the greatest days of my life, were my wedding, the birth of my kids, etc. But yesterday was pretty freakin' cool. It started at 8am, meeting at Kevin's house and then driving to Chicago with a few of my favorite people. We went to the Cubs-Reds game. The Cubs sucked it up (not a huge suprise), but we had GREAT seats, sitting in the 1st row of bleachers in left-center. It was a perfect day to be sitting in the ballpark and just chillin' with some friends. Then, after fighting the traffic all the way across town during rush hour, we arrived at the Tweeter Center to see George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic open for the Dave Matthews Band. Here's a couple of concert thoughts.
Posted by charlesdean2 at 10:27 AM