- The seminary years -- no kids, great friends, living in God's country (Denver, Co), no money, but lots of happiness.
- Our first dump, er, I mean house that we gutted and remodeled
- The birth of our 3 beautiful boys -- Caleb (2001), Gavin (2003), & Jaxon (2006)
- Building of our "house of dreams"
- Great friends that we've met along the way, many of whom are scattered around the country and we don't get to see as much as we'd like anymore.
- 2 weeks spent in spain (2002)
- Our first "family" vacation to the beaches of Florida (minus Jaxon)
- The early years of youth ministry, where we had a constant stream of teenagers in our house (often tearing up the furniture).
- A long weekend in New Haven & Boston.
There've been lowlights as well -- we've dealt with a divorce that was more painful than we ever could have guessed, the loss of a job that almost wrecked me, and many teary goodbye's as moved on to new stages in our lives. But the thing is, on the other side of those things, we've gotten stronger for struggle, although we still bear the scars.
So to all our friends and family, who have laughed with us, cried with us, and journeyed with us along the way, thanks!
And to my bride -- here's to ten more!