Thursday, December 29, 2005

Louisiana Bayou

One of the gifts I got for Christmas was A Weekend on the Rocks -- it's a 2CD/1DVD set featuring Dave Matthews Band at Red Rocks Amphitheater outside of Denver, CO -- the band did four shows there this summer near the end of their summer '05 tour. Anyway -- if possible, you must see the DVD version of Louisiana Bayou -- it features Robert Randolph playing steel guitar. It's a spectatuclar performance of a song that beforehand I thought mediocre. I don't know if I've ever seen a musician having such a good time playing music! Here's what I love about DMB -- they love the music and they surround themselves by other musicians who love music in the same way they do. I don't care what it is -- art, construction -- whatever -- there is nothing better than watching people do what they love to do to the point that every note, every riff, every pause is laden with meaning and intent!

No comments: