Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Change and Irrelevance

Tom Peters is a motivational speaker/entrepreneur/author, etc. I got this link to a PDF file from Tony Morgan's blog and it was a stimulating 10 minute read for me this morning. Here are some highlights: "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less." -- General Eric Shinseki "In classical times, when Cicero had finished speaking, the people said, 'How well he spoke,' but when Demosthenes had finished speaking, they said, 'Let us March.'" -- Adlai Stevenson. "In my own small way, I want to be Demosthenes." "The first step in a 'dramatic' 'organizational change program' is obvious -- dramatic personal change!"

1 comment:

Dan Luebcke said...

I read the article! The quotes you shared are the ones that struck a cord with me. Thanks for the recommendation on the article. I sent it to all the guys in my district!

Love ya man!

Go Broncos!