Saturday, August 13, 2005

Session Eight: Kenneth Ulmer

Good morning! Final day...feeling a little tired this morning. We starting off with Bishop Kenneth Ulmer, of Faithful Central Bible Church. His church, in 2000 bought the 18,000-seat Great Western Forum (former home of the Lakers and Kings). What's cool is his church has only 6,000 - 8,000 people on a Sunday (The Forum seats 18,000) and they still run The Forum as a profit-making entertainment venue during the week. Quotes from the Bishop: "You don't start the clock on a chocolate preacher until after he's read the text." "There's a call on your life. You are where you are on purpose...I only glorify God to the degree to which I fulfill my assignment...I get no points for making up my own assignment." "It does not matter how well you do what you do, do if you don't do well what you are called to do." "5 loaves and 2 fishes in my hand will get you a couple of fish sandwiches, but in Jesus' hand it feeds thousands." He's a great speaker...just not scratching where I'm itching. I often find at things like this that by the final day, I've already taken in so much that's it's hard to stay focused. Hybels is up next.

No comments: