Friday, January 12, 2007

Christian Pluralist

This morning on the way to work I was listening to NPR, as is my normal custom. There was a piece on this morning in their series "Generation Next" titled Experiencing Other Faiths to Find One's Own, about a student at Davidson College in North Carolina. She calls herself a Christian Pluralist.

It was a reminder to me, that while many churches spend tons of energy talking about discipleship or church strategy or any manner of stuff -- for many (if not most) people the questions, "Is Christianity the only way," and "Is it right for me," haven't been answered.

I've been asking myself a lot of "what was I made to do" questions the past 6-8 months -- and I know that this is a piece of it -- to communicate to modern (postmodern?) people in a way that honors their journey, but unveils the light of truth in Christianity. (that's wordy, I can refine it later)

If you're interested, many PBS stations will be running this "Generation Next" documentary tonight (although not in the Peoria market).

No comments: