Tuesday, November 21, 2006

the face says it all

This weekend I did a wedding and met a ton of new people. Later in the day, I was pointing out who the various people were (mother of the groom, grandparents, maternal aunt, etc.) and Jennifer remarked that the mother of the bride seemed like she was a nice lady. I asked her why she thought that and she said, "because she has a nice face." It got me to wondering -- what do people think when the judge my face for the first time? Maybe it doesn't matter...OR...maybe our face reflects what's on the inside. Maybe our faces betray what's really going on?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have seen it both ways. It disturbs me when the face isn't true to the person. Last year, our principal could say the nastiest things with this sweet smile on her face. It was seriously unnerving! Our new principal has that same sweet smile, but it is actually true to her personality. We tend to judge a lot on first impressions, but we have to remember that they aren't always correct.