Thursday, October 05, 2006

Session One -- Andy Stanley

I heard Andy Stanley say, at Leadership Summit, that he only accepts something like 3 conferences a year. And it shows -- I was telling the guys that you can always count on Andy Stanley to have something fresh and challenging to say. And he didn't disappoint. Andy's central point revolved around this refrain from Daniel 4: "...the Most High God is sovereign over the kingdoms of men and gives them to anyone he wishes." It was challenging to be reminded that my leadership responsibilities are not "mine,"-- they've been given to me temporarily by a sovereign God and that I am therefore accountable to Him and Him alone. This should lead me to be diligent (because it's been given by God), fearless (because I answer only to God, and not to men) and humble (because if he gives it, he can take it away). This is one of the best messages I've heard in probably the last couple of years.

No comments: