Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I'm back!

I was away from home 15 of 31 days in October! That's more than a guy with three young children (& one on the way) should be away. So I'm here now. If I've blown you off, or you feel disconnected...I'm sorry. Maybe you haven't noticed...that's okay too... I was talking to someone the other day about these pastors who speak at all the conferences and by outside appearances seem to always (or at least often) be away from their churches. And I was lamenting that I don't know if I could do it, because I start feeling so disconnected from the people that I minister to when I'm away. The person's observation was that most of those pastors have great staffs, and they probably don't really run ministries -- their staff does. My staff (Chris at 15 hrs/wk) is taxed enough without me being gone all the time!

No comments: