Thursday, August 10, 2006

Leadership Summit Day One Takeaways

Two things that really are bouncing around my head after sessions today: 1. God has wired me as a leader, and I need to get comfortable with that. Oftentimes, when people ask me what I really want to do, I don't really give them an honest answer because I don't want to come off as arrogant. But here's the bottom line. I want to have as big an impact as possible. Not because I think Charlie is great, or because I want to build Charlie's kingdom, but because God has wired me in a way that I love responsibility & problem solving & all the things that leaders do. Here's the line from Hybels that got me...it's not about power, but about impact. 2. From Andy Stanley: IWhile lots of people could be the Young Adults Director at Northwoods Community Church and do as good (& better) job than I am doing, I am the only person that can be a great dad to Caleb, Gavin & Jaxon, and a great husband to Jennifer. And there's no shortcut to being a great dad/husband, it's all about my presence in their lives!

No comments: