Monday, July 24, 2006

Pandora

Recently I noted that I finally got an internet connection at home. As part of reworking our computer and entertainment issues at home, I had an extra Kenwood receiver. So now I've run the sound from my computer into the receiver and I am powering all of the upstairs speakers from our computer. So what am I playing? Besides CD's that I already own, I've started to become a big fan of Pandora. Basically, you tell Pandora an artist that you like, and Pandora starts playing music that it thinks you might like. You then rate the song with a "thumbs up" or a "thumbs down" and Pandora uses that information to formulate more songs to play for you. In effect, you create your own radio station. You can create different stations...for example, right now I have a DMB station, a Led Zeppelin station and a Counting Crows station. It's actually quite fascinating how Pandora picks music...if you want to learn more, go here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Lord...you've managed to make listening to music geeky! You Star Wars dorks...you'll never be as cool as us comic books nerds!