Friday, January 20, 2006

ebay Crazy

So here's the thing. Jennifer and I are both pretty committed to getting out of all debt (except for our house of course, although if we get a windfall and can pay off our mortgage, that would be great!). Obviously, with my line of work, we're not exactly rolling in extra money, and so we have to get creative here. Actually, the only things we owe on are our van and we owe back Jen's dad who helped helped us out when our car went down in a bad way this summer. Here's our three strategies: 1. We went through the house last night ruthlessly eliminating clutter (actually we just worked through one closet) and we're "ebaying" everything in site. A warning to friends: if you visit us, you better not leave anything behind, or it may get "ebayed." 2. Living simply. For example -- we don't have internet at home. It KILLS us (you can't even imagine)! But, we're willing to suffer for a while to get things taken care of. 3. The "X" factor -- I'm trying to come up with some ideas here, but what we're talking about is ways to earn extra income. For example, I've built my kids a set of bunk beds and a heavy-duty play table, both of which I could probably sell for good $$, I'm just not sure where the market is. Anyway...I'm talking about money @ Nexus Sunday night, so it's on the mind right now so I thought I'd share!

6 comments:

erichapman said...

you have a whole body full of plasma and "other stuff" to donate!!!

you can delete that comment if someone is offended by it...

Anonymous said...

I just sold some golf clubs and a jacket on ebay last week. We're kind of doing the same thing. Enjoy your blog Charlie, thanks for the link.

charlesdean2 said...

Funny thing is...I gave plasma copiously in college (shout outs to Irish Dave!!) and the thought crossed my mind the other day!

charlesdean2 said...

point of clarification: I gave PLASMA -- not "other stuff" and I was thinking about donating plasma again, NOT "other stuff"

(this is how ugly rumors start!)

Anonymous said...

God help us because now I'm going to start looking at every little baby and say - hmm, that one looks a bit like charlie too....

erichapman said...

what have i DONE???