Monday, August 01, 2005

If I Had a Dollar for Every Post...

This is my one-hundredth post! (Thunderous Applause!). Seriously, I don't talk about blogging a lot on my blog, because I find it annoying when people do that! But since this is my 100th, I thought I'd take a second and encourage more people to join the blogosphere. I've had several people ask me about blogging recently, so here's the scoop. I use blogger because it's free. (I may be moving soon to typepad, but I haven't made the decision to move yet. It's super easy to get started with blogger. It really takes less than five minutes to get your first post up and going. After that, you can spend as much or as little time as you like. For me, it's a way to process out my thoughts and feelings about stuff, and a way for people to get to know me at a level that they might not get to otherwise. (I've had several people come to our ministry for the first time already knowing stuff about me from my blog.) One of the keys for me in blogging, is that ultimately, I do it for me. I don't worry too much about tracking and how many people are reading, etc. It is nice when people comment, but I don't really expect it, I just blog because I enjoy the process of getting thoughts out of my head. There are people who really get tied up into how many people are reading their blog, and that's fine, it's just not for me.

No comments: