Thursday, June 09, 2005

Oxymoron: Political Dialogue

Found these two quotes on a blog that I keep in my RSS reader...link provided at the bottom: "This idea that somebody we disagree with on economic or social policy or something we have to turn into some kind of ogre or demon, I think, is a mistake. I mean, it's like telling the American people or half the American people that don't agree with you they're all fools. That's just not true." [from an interview on CNN] "If two people have good minds and they're looking at problems, if they agree all the time it means one of them is not thinking. If they disagree all the time, it means one of them is not thinking. They're just allowing their political position to dictate their position on an issue. And I think that's unhealthy. And the public knows better." [from an interview on FOX News] The above quotations were both from former President Clinton in his recent media tour to promote the paperback edition of his book. I didn't tell you that befobecausease I was afraid that some of you might not read the quotes. Here's the blog that I got these from. I don't care what you think of Clinton, I think these quotes are AWESOME! Too bad the current state of the media is so partisan and shallow...but oh well...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you didn't say who that quote was until after. nice use of stratigery.

Anonymous said...

i think within the Christian community, when i say things like..."I think Bill Clinton was a pretty president" or "I am not really a big George W Bush fan."

i am likely to be beat up.