Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I love my church

Right now, the kids are in bed, the house is quiet, I'm in my favorite clothes -- pajama pants and a sweatshirt, and I'm getting ready to make some hot chocolate. Jennifer is at church. Several years ago, at my last church, I used to say to some of my friends, that if I wasn't on staff, I probably wouldn't attend the church. (that's not saying anything about the people -- I loved the people, it's just I didn't fit in the traditional-trying-to-be-contemporary model -- and it's probably saying something about my immaturity -- which I had a lot of) What I'm trying to get to in this post, is that if I didn't work at Northwoods, I'd still go to church there. And right now, although it's nice to have some quiet, I'm so anxious to know what Cal said tonight -- I can't wait to get the CD in my box in the morning and listen to it!
(thank you God, for allowing me to be in THIS place, at THIS time!)

No comments: