Thursday, September 07, 2006

A little quiet...

Sorry I haven't been posting much...God's been working on me a little bit in regards to some character issues and attitudes and so the writing I've been doing has been more for me, and I haven't had time to post much to the blog. I'll leave you with one quotation from Anne Lamott's book Plan B: "At times like these, I believe, Jesus rolls up his sleeves, smiles roguishly, and thinks, "This is good." He lets me get nice and crazy, until I can't take my own thinking and solutions for one more moment. The next morning, I got on my knees and prayed, "Please, please help me. Please let me feel You while I adjust to not getting what I was hoping for." And then I remembered Rule 1: When all else fails, follow instructions. And Rule 2: Don't be an a**hole." I know she's crass, but it resonates in my soul! (I'm not sure what that says about me!)

No comments: