Tuesday, August 22, 2006

No Good deed...

What if someone's biggest objection to the gospel is that they lived next to a church? And over the years of fighting traffic and maybe some noise, and perhaps even a fair amount of construction dirt, they've just tuned out to what the chhurchh is really there for? Today, our staff did something in an attempt to foster a good relationship with our neighbors. We went door-to-door and distributed 1 gal. jugs of washer fluid and a coupon for some free gas at a local gas station. It was a blast!

3 comments:

JGanschow said...

Great start! May I also suggest allowing their goat herd to graze on the church lawn? Three benefits: 1)Goat owners get their livestock fattened for free. 2)Church gets free lawn care & saves on fuel costs. 3)Free fertilizer.

I'd volunteer to watch the goats.
Win, win, win situation.

Leslie said...

I kind of wish I lived next to the church...I could use some free gas ;o)

Anonymous said...

I needed to hear about our church doing something like this!! thank you SO much for sharing this!!!