Thursday, April 13, 2006

Mac lust

One of the Nexus people donated a brand new iMac to Nexus. We've been playing around -- figuring things out, and now I have mac-lust -- which I am defining as an unhealthy desire to own a mac, but lacking the resources to do so. I've even thought about giving plasma, which I haven't done since college...I need help! Actually I do like my Dell Latitude for what I do (it was donated by some other Nexurs about a year ago). I know PC's really well -- I've never had any problems with this laptop and it really is an excellent machine. It has done everything that we've asked it to do for this ministry. However, as a ministry, over the next couple years, we will be moving in the Apple direction because of tools like Keynote and Final Cut. And I'm thinking that in the Dean family our next computer may be a iMac -- I just have to talk my wife into it when it comes time. More important than my Mac-lust is that we have people who so believe in Nexus that they want us to have the tools that it takes to do ministry effectively. That's so very cool!

2 comments:

Brandon J. Brown said...

As one who has totally given into the mac-lust.... I must say it is awesome. I love my iMac in my office... an intelmac... I love my iMac at home... and I love my powerbook... I also love my iPods... of course I share all of that with emily, but mac never seems to make a product I do not "need"

David Rudd said...

give me a call when you're ready to do the plasma thing...
i was just down on ol' Keowee street in dayton a few weeks ago.