Wednesday, April 19, 2006

In the CD player this morning...

I'm borrowing The String Quartet Tribute to Bon Jovi. A friend knows of my early-teen love of Bon Jovi -- embarassing, but true -- and saw it at a record store. Between my giggles (yes I giggle) as I listen to a string quartet riffing on Bon Jovi classics a couple questions come to mind. Do other string players look down on you, if you make a career out of studying music to become a string player and then take a left turn and start covering pop rock tunes? Is there really a high-brow string aficianado crowd out there clamoring for string arrangements of pop rock bands? I wonder what other bands you can get string arrangements for? Funny you should ask, becuase inside the CD and found an ordering card for string tributes to the following bands: Bjork, Enya, Tool, Radiohead, REM, Fleetwood Mac, Alanis Morissette, Tori Amos, U2, Led Zeppelin (volumes 1 & 2), Nine Inch Nails, The Cure and Rush. Wow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Coldplay's string arrangement is also AMAZING, especially the song Yellow...Hope all is well in P-town!