- Morning spent reading a good book in a coffee shop -- check (read a couple chapters of Christ Plays in a Thousand Places at Kade's coffee shop in Peoria -- bonus points, I ran into someone I hadn't seen in a while and had a good time catching up with what God is doing in his life -- I hope I encouraged him, becuase the way he feels now is the way I felt 2 years ago.)
- There has to be some fasting to keep me focused -- check
- I need to interact with nature -- check (I went on a 2-hour hike where I sent time praying for Nexus and specifcally I prayed for most of our volunteers by name, thanking God for them and their impact on our ministry.)
- Serious, unhurried meditation & prayer that is more like a lingering conversation than a "purpose-driven," "please God give me this, this and this" prayer. -- check
- That I walk away with a renewed sense of the idea that right now, I'm exactly in the place that God wants me, doing what I'm supposed to be doing. -- check
80 degree temperature in mid-April was just an extra perk -- along with coming up on a small herd of deer, seeing turkey vulture fly right over my head, scaring up a heron as I crossed the creek and working up a sweat as I walked through God's beautiful creation!
I then spent some time getting ready to speak on Friday -- I'm teaching one of the segments for our Good Friday service -- Tim is doing the lion's share.