Monday, February 06, 2006

Superbowl XL

  • Last night was only the second time in 10 years of marriage that Jennifer and I weren't surrounded by friends for the superbowl. The combination of not having a baby sitter and her being 9 mo. pregnant led to our decision to forgo the usual parties. Instead we made heaping piles of spectacular nachos, drank Fitz' rootbeer (and maybe other beverages), made rootbeer floats and had a quiet night watching the game. My thoughts on the game:
  • The game was okay -- at least it wasn't a blowout, but there wasn't a ton of drama either. I'm not sure that the Steelers deserved to win, but the Seahawks sure didn't -- inside the 2:00 mark of each half, they looked like they had no idea what they were doing! The refs sure didn't help the Seahawks -- I can count about three bad calls against the Seahawks that cost them points.
  • Aaron Neville sang the....I think he was trying to sing the National Anthem...it's always hard to tell what he's trying to sing...he truly is the worst singer ever! The Rolling Stones?As Mick Jagger said, "We could have sang 'Satisfaction' at Superbowl I."
  • Were there any funny commercials this year? The Michelob one, where the dude tackled the blonde chick was funny, but otherwise, I can't remember much (which is not a good sign for advertisers).

That's all -- no more football for 6 months...sigh.

No comments: