Friday, February 17, 2006

Dean Family Update

If you're our friend, please pray for us: Here's an update of all that's going on. Wednesday, Jen stayed home from New Community because Caleb was still running a 102 degree fever (for the 3rd day), with coughing and Gavin had just gotten a fever and started couging. Wednesday night -- Caleb woke up with an ear ache...he whimpered and cried throughout the night...dad got about 3 hours of sleep. Jen, on the other hand, was having more intense contractions. Thursday morning -- My mom took Jen went to the Dr. -- Dr. says she's ready to go, but would like her to wait, if at all possible until Wed...that way Jennifer will be in the 38th week. MEANWHILE -- I took the boys to the Dr. (we were there two and half hours). They both have bronchiolis, Caleb has an ear infections, and Gavin got his throat swabbed for strep (he doesn't have it). Then we went to CVS for 45 minutes waiting for the prescription to get filled (Caleb spilled a whole bag of skittles), and then went to Apria to get a nebulizer. Thursday night -- Gavin woke up several times crying in coughing fits. Friday morning -- Caleb seems much better, Gavin seems worse, Jen is still having contractions, and I've got a head cold! All this to say, the Deans are a complete disaster!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you Dean family! And you can be sure I'm wrestling in prayer for you guys. "'...for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you guys!! If there is anything i can do to help with running errands or anything please let me know!!!

David Rudd said...

sounds like you guys need one more!
i was thinking about you today as i drove through dayton, i went right down Keowee street past the old plasma center...

good times.

meredith said...

you probably don't know me, but somehow ended up on your blog. i've heard you speak at full volume a few times, and once somewhere at northwoods. i'll definately be praying for you and your family.

Jake Bland said...

I'll join my cousin Meres in prayers for the Dean family. Also praying that everything went smoothly with the 5th :-)