Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Average

Something that's been on my mind... For most of my life I've thought that I was extraordinary. When I read books by great writers, heard messages by great pastors, or observed great leaders in action I assumed that I was one of them, that these were "my people." I think that part of the growing up process for me is to acknowledge that I am blessedly average. And I'm coming to terms with it, although it's still hard. I'm not negating what God can do with my life. Actually God has a long history of using slackers, morons and screw-ups to accomplish his will in the world. I sometimes have this crazy thing going on in my head where I feel like I'm striving to get God to notice me. I need to stop and just be content with being faithful with what I'm doing right here, right now.

No comments: