Monday, October 10, 2005

To the Bride and Groom

I was in a wedding this weekend. (A little weird. I'm 31 and I thought my days of being in a wedding were over. Now, I find myself officiating much more than I participate, but it was cool.) It was my friend Brian's wedding. I just wanted to say that for many years Brian has been a faithful friend. He's fixed our various computers on many occasions, watched our kids, helped us on our various remodeling and building projects -- we've played together, done small group together, gone on trips together and probably most importantly served together. Brian was my "tech guy" for at least 3 of my 4+ years of youth ministry. But he wasn't just a "tech guy." Kids loved him and most important from a leader's perspective, he was always training students to do his job. (If fact, at my previous church, they employ one of the kids that was in our youth ministry, trained by Brian to run sound and video.) So in true wedding fashion (I wasn't the best man so I didn't get to give a speech). Here's to the bride and groom!

No comments: