- No matter what the PAMBA people say, Jubilee is NOT Indepedence or Dirksen. There are only three things I miss about living in Pekin -- they have a good city park for my boys, and they have the BEST mountain biking in the area. Mad props to the guys from Little Ades (they're the third thing I miss about living in Pekin).
- Never, ever, ever eat pancakes at 8am and then go for an intense ride at 9am, no matter how good the pancakes are. Pancakes tend to sit in your gut like a brick that weighs at least 10 times more than when it went in...also, when you have a big climb you tend to throw- up pancakes.
- I'm really out of shape...I'm pretty sure I'd be a wicked rider if I was carrying about 20lbs. less -- enough said!
- My bike has been performing well considering that it is a $300 entry-level bike that I've upgraded wheelsets, bottom bracket, cranks, tires, sprockets, and seat. However, every day I think and dream about a new bike someday...specifically the Kona Hoss Dee-Lux.
- There's still nobody I'd rather ride with than my brother-in-law Josh. We have a blast pushing each other and laughing our butts off when somebody wipes (like when I went hard over the handlebars at Indy on Memorial Day while trying to negotiate a log pile).
WARNING: If you don't like getting sweaty and muddy while you workout with a decided element of danger, don't waste your time and/or money...instead, you can donate to my new bike fund!
A word about the pancakes...I took some chopped pecans, lightly toasted them in a skillet and then added some sugar, so that I now had candied pecans. I put about half the pecans in the pancake mixture and then used the rest as a topping...crunchy and delicious...although beware of note #2!