Thursday, May 05, 2005

Vacation (finally)

Other than a 4-day jaunt to Denver at New Years, and a 4-day dash to Boston in Sept '03, we haven't been on vacation in a LONG, LONG time. In fact, I think our 10-day trip to Spain in '02 may have been our last vacation. It's been too long since we've gotten away. (Something about using up all my vacation time on building a house last summer.) So tomorrow night, we're loading the kids in the Odyssey (I am soooo middle-aged!), and driving to Florida, stopping at my Aunt & Uncles outside of Atlanta on the way down and at my brother's in Nashville on the way back. We'll have 4 or 5 days on the beach while we stay with my grandparents in Bradenton, just south of Tampa. As much as I hate all the driving, I do really enjoy when Jen and the kids are asleep and I can geek out listening to "Coast to Coast" on AM radio. For those of you who are uniformed, "Coast to Coast" is a call-in talk show that is almost exclusively about conspiracy theories, particularly regarding alien abductions and the like...it CRACKS ME UP!! So, I probably won't post for a while unless I find a free Wi-Fi connection somewhere.

No comments: