Monday, January 10, 2005

Self Righteously Right

I guess I just don't get it. I encountered an individual the other day who was so concerned with where I got my education and whether or not I therefore had the "right" religous views ("right" being defined as his particular way of looking at the world). Anyway, I walked away feeling so frustrated that there are people in this world who think that they are better than other people because they have the right idea about something and other people don't! Why are we so obsessed with determining who's in and who's out? I'm all for debate and discussion, but not when it's carried on in a spirit that judges and condemns the other person just becuase they don't arrive at the same conclusions. I wonder if God in heaven looks down and weeps when he sees other people, in the name of being "right" treat other people with such condescension?

No comments: